Harmony Lane

Monday, November 07, 2005

Black Forest Cake!

One of my all time favourite desserts

BLACK FOREST CAKE

Yield: 10 Servings

6 Eggs
1 c Sugar
1 ts Vanilla
4 oz Unsweetened chocolate;
.. melted and cooled
1 c Sifted flour

MMMMM---------------------------SYRUP-----------------
1/4 c Sugar
1/4 c Water
2 tb Cherry liqueur

MMMMM--------------------BUTTER CREAM FILLING---------
1 1/2 c Powdered sugar
1/2 c Unsalted butter; softened
1 Egg yolk
2 tb Cherry liqueur

MMMMM--------------------------TOPPING----------------
2 c Canned sour cherries; patted
.. dry
2 tb Powdered sugar
1 c Heavy whipping cream;
.. whipped
8 oz Semisweet chocolate; shaved

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 3-8"
cake pans.

2. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla about 10 minutes
until very thick and fluffy. Fold in chocolate and
flour alternately ending with flour. Bake in
prepared pans 10 to 15 minutes or until cakes test
clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes before
removing to racks to cool completely.

3. Boil sugar and water 5 minutes. Cool, then stir
in liqueur. Poke layers; brush with syrup.

4. Beat powdered sugar and butter until well
blended. Beat in egg yolk until very light and
fluffy, about 5 minutes. Fold in cherry liqueur.

5. Spread bottom layer with half of the filling.
Place 3/4 cup of the cherries evenly on top. Put
second layer on and repeat. Put on third layer.

6. Gently fold powdered sugar into whipped cream.
Frost top and sides of cake. Arrange remaining
cherries on top and press chocolate into sides
reserving a few for top of cake. Chill until ready
to serve.


That should help you gain a few pounds eh.

Well that's my contribution for today.

ps I have started this blog as a means to learn how to blog so please don't be too hard on me if I mess up k.

As the days pass I plan to add items of interest recipies, intersting URL's (podcasts and great free utilities etc.) and so forth so if you enjoy a journey of learning I invite you to come back as often as you like. Also feel free to post your comments as you please. I believe that the whole point of blogging is to share. So come on hitch your wagon to a star (not me) LOL but the blog "Harmony Lane" and enjoy the ride.

Smiles :o)

Gary

2 Comments:

  • Hi It's me

    I told you that I might mess up well it happened and if you havn't allready noticed I entered an URL for a picture BUT...no picture. Plus I don't know how to edit an entry once it has been published. Or for that matter even if you can....HELP!

    So lesson learned "How NOT to post a picture" LOL As it happens I don't even see a help link so I will have to go back to the drawing board (excuse the pun) and try another approach.

    Sorry bout that eh.

    Practice makes (not perfect) but better.....I hope!

    Gary

    By Blogger Gary Gray, at 3:49 a.m.  

  • TY Alexey

    Appreciate the advice.

    Your comment kinda took me by supprise as I thought that I was just mucking around and nobody was actually checkin out my blog YET!

    Anyway thanks and also thanks for the links as well.

    BTW I did stumble across the edit feature and took out that link that didn't link. Also found out how to post a picture. (or upload it)

    Hay like the song says Life is a dance you learn as you go...sometimes you lead and sometimes you follow. LOL

    Smiles :o)

    Gary

    By Blogger Gary Gray, at 4:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home